The Arab Engineers Chapter in Manitoba is not affiliated with any hiring agency or any employer. All job opportunities are published here as seen on other career websites and the Chapter is neither responsible for the content nor for the hiring process or output.
The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Winnipeg Sewage Treatment Program
Engineering Services Division
Water and Waste Department
Posting No: 121041
Closing Date: May 11, 2022
The Engineering Services Division, Winnipeg Sewage Treatment Program Branch is offering seasonal employment opportunities from approximately May to September 2022.
As the Seasonal Technical Assistant you will:
- Assist with project document administration and correspondence with Contractors and Consultants.
- Assist in drafting technical correspondence, project meeting coordination and organization.
- Participate in various design, construction, and commissioning teams which includes Engineering Division staff, Operations Division staff, engineering consultants and contractors.
- Assist in Consultant and Contractor project administration tasks.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Successful completion of at least 1 year of a recognized college program in Civil/CAD Engineering Technology or any University program in Engineering.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interpret construction and record drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of project document administration and correspondence with Contractors and Consultants.
- Experience with project meeting coordination and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Must be physically capable of performing all the duties of this position, which may include, but are not limited to: working outdoors in potentially unfavorable weather conditions or extended periods of time.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
How To Apply
APPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
- Current resume AND Application Form (Required).
- Cover letter indicating the year and area of study.
- Transcript of courses.
- Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.
*Your application documents must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications of the position.*
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/. For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ’s or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
The salary range for this position is $21.79 per hour (35 hours per week), as per the Technical Assistant classification within the CUPE Collective Agreement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Notice of Driver’s Licence In Force document upon request.
The successful applicant may be required to provide a vehicle.
The South End Water Pollution Control Centre is a remote site with no public transit access.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
We value diversity in our workplace. Indigenous peoples, women, racialized peoples, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQ+ peoples and Newcomers are encouraged to self-declare.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.